Welcome! My blog on Music, Coffee, Travel and more...

...the dicussion of music; behind the scenes musicians stories, everyday happenings based around music, favorite musicians, favorite artists, favorite records, favorite concerts...also, coffee related interest, what we like and why...as well as interesting travel stories and insights on traveling and food...feel free to add to the discussion.

After your look around this blog, please check out Big Coffee Records http://www.bigcoffeerecords.com We're constantly adding great music and artists to this new indie label.



Saturday, February 4, 2012

Insight into Big Coffee Blog


Steve McRay -

This collage gives insight into who I am....I am a musician, first and foremost: Piano, Hammond B3 (still have 2), synths and modules, still have an old Wurlitzer electric B200, a Vocalist...plus a songwriter, although my lyrical skills always give me trouble, and a composer. As a songwriter and composer, I'm now spending my time trying to release these songs and compositions, on the indie record label we created, Big Coffee Records, as well as CD Baby, Amazon, iTunes and all the rest....


I've recorded, toured, and played with many well known artists (more on this later) and traveled all through-out the US and around the world (Europe, Asia, Australia). I enjoy music, coffee, traveling, good food and many different cuisines, snow skiing, the mountains, the beach and the water, and many other things...

And stories....interesting and colorful stories; things that happen behind the scenes - while traveling, in the studio, on stage, before or after the gig,...these are the stories that need to be told. The public generally sees artists and musicians on the stage or they hear their music, and from their view everything looks pretty normal and sometimes pretty exciting - it's never really normal, let me tell you...things happen before, after and even onstage that can make for colorful conversation, and later...some pretty good and sometimes funny stories.

("Elvis has left the building"...well, where did Elvis go and what happened to him next...? We know some of what he did, but there's even more to his and others stories that haven't been told...)

My hope is, other musicians will share their happenings and stories here as well! My bet....well, I bet we'll hear some pretty good stories. (please keep your comments and stories PG14 rated, so everyone can get a chance to see them...otherwise, I'll have to edit or remove them, thanks!!)

One last point, I'm creating this blog based on my interest - not only in music, but coffee (I do like Starbucks...I grind my own beans and maybe one day I'll get into roasting, who knows), traveling (I really love seeing new places and getting into and enjoying the culture of that place, foreign or domestic), food (anything and everything)...you know, these are my interest....just share your thoughts and experiences here on this blog! Tell your stories....And have fun!!

Thanks,
Steve (MacJava)

No comments:

Post a Comment